MDB aka Main Database Files are the primary storage database for MS Access. The MDB file format is based on the Access Jet Database Engine.Since MDB file is the data repository of Access, it is not supported in any other application.There are many things, that can occur and leave your Access database corrupted.This blog deals with such factors by which the MDB file gets corrupted or inaccessible.In addition, we will focus on the methods by which data from these MDB files can be recovered and can be restored in its healthy state.
A Simple Way to Fix MDB File without Any Hassles
Corruption in MDB Files
There are many reasons,which lead to the corruption of these MDB files. They are:
- Interruption in the write operation of Jet Database Engine due to sudden power surge corrupts the MDB file.
- Fault in the hard drive sectors storing the MDB file, may lead to deletion of some of the parts or the entire MDB file itself.
- Opening and then saving the MDB file in a different application leads to corruption of the MDB file.
- Virus intrusion in the system on which the MDB file resides poses threat of corruption of the file.
Fix MDB File Manually
In case you are looking for a manual solution to repair your MDB file, then the Compact and Repair Utility in MS Access is the right solution for you.This utility compact the MDB file and repairs the tables, queries and indexes in the database.
This solution does not serve to be an ideal solution as it does not repair the complete MDB file. The attributes like damaged macros, forms, modules and reports are left out by the utility. Therefore, deploying this solution does not guarantee to fix MDB file completely.
Access Recovery-Perfect Solution to Fix MDB File
As mentioned before, the manual method for repairing the MBD file is not the sure shot solution to fix MDB file. Therefore, deploying third party solutions like Access Recovery is the best option to recover data from corrupt MDB file.The software recovers and restores all the MBD file attributes like tables, queries, forms, macros, reports, etc. It also supports recovery of permanently deleted data from the files and saves it in a healthy file.
You can download the tool and recover the data from MDB file by following below-mentioned steps:
1) Launch the Access Recovery software.
2) Click on Browse option and select the corrupt MDB file.
3) Now select the Recover option to recover the data from the file.
5) Select the file format in which you want to save the data recovered from the MDB file.
6) Browse and select the destination where you want to save the output file.
8) You can save the recovered data with and without schema. Select the desired option amongOnly Schema and Schema & Data.
9) Click on Export/Save option to export the recovered data.
Selecting the right tool for recovery and to fix MDB file is the crucial decision one has to make. While manual methods are available, they do not tend to recover the entire data from the MDB file, thus leading to imperfect recovery. Therefore, it is advised to deploy third party alternatives that effectually recover the entire MDB file data and save them in healthy format.
Latest posts by Aryan alex (see all)
- Tor Messenger An Anonymous instant messenger by the Tor project - 01/11/2015
- A Simple Way to Fix MDB File without Any Hassles - 29/10/2015
- [Giveaway］WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe - 21/09/2015