Tor Messenger An Anonymous instant messenger by the Tor project
The Tor Project has been officially launched the first beta version of Tor Messenger, an encrypted and open source instant messaging client which allows anonymous, chats based on Tor’s secure browsing system.
It took more than a year to develop the Tor instant messaging service, which is more private, encrypted and accessible for the people who want to chat securely on the web keeping that both privacy and simplicity in mind. The Tor Messenger is built on the instant messaging client Instantbird, which sends all the chat traffic over Tor anonymity network for added privacy. It also supports wide variety of transport networks like Facebook Chat, Twitter, Yahoo, Google Talk etc. It enables Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging automatically, to encrypt messages and send them over Tor anonymity network for added privacy.
Tor Messenger is easy to use graphical user interface and localized into multiple languages. It can be run on versions operating systems like Windows, Mac and Linux . To do so, simply follow the below steps:
- First download the Tor messenger from here
- Drag the app to your Applications folder.
- Run and launch the app (currently in beta version).
- Log in to your preferred instant messaging service.
- Once logged in, you will be able to chat securely and anonymously without any further extra hacking.
Tor Messenger client currently supports:
- Jabber (XMPP) chat protocol.
- IRC (Internet Relay Chat).
- Facebook Chat.
- Google Talk.
- Desktop clients like Adium for Mac and Pidgin for Windows.
The goal of the team is to make Tor more accessible, privacy and simplicity as well as to create a secure chat client.
Tor Messenger: Future Integration
The Tor team’s future Tor Messenger versions will include support for:
- Sandboxing (for increased security).
- Automatic updates.
- OTR for Twitter DMs.
- Better support for Tor’s protocols.
- Secure multi-party communication (np1sec).
- Encrypted File Transfers.
So, if you like to chat securely and wish to remain private over the internet, why don’t you give a try to Tor messenger: Download
Latest posts by Aryan alex (see all)
- Tor Messenger An Anonymous instant messenger by the Tor project - 01/11/2015
- A Simple Way to Fix MDB File without Any Hassles - 29/10/2015
- [Giveaway］WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe - 21/09/2015